- Your location:
- How To Guides ›
- Current page
Snapchat is a popular social media platform that allows users to share pictures and videos with friends and followers. However, like any other app, Snapchat can sometimes experience issues that prevent it from working correctly on your phone. If you are experiencing issues with Snapchat not working on your phone/iPhone, there are several things you can do to fix it.
Solutions To Fix Snapchat Stopped Working
1. Check Your Internet Connection
One of the most common reasons why Snapchat may not be working on your phone is due to a poor internet connection. Snapchat requires a stable and fast internet connection to work correctly. If your internet connection is slow or unstable, Snapchat may not load or may take a long time to load.
To check your internet connection, try opening other apps that require an internet connection, such as Instagram or Facebook. If these apps are also not working correctly, it may be an issue with your internet connection. Try resetting your Wi-Fi router or switching to mobile data if you have a poor Wi-Fi signal.
2. Update Snapchat
Another reason why Snapchat may not be working on your phone is due to an outdated version of the app. Snapchat regularly releases updates to fix bugs and improve performance. If you have an older version of the app installed on your phone, it may not work correctly.
To update Snapchat, go to the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and check if there are any updates available for the app. If there is an update available, download and install it. Once the update is installed, try opening Snapchat again to see if the issue has been resolved.
3. Clear Cache and Data
If updating Snapchat does not fix the issue, you can try clearing the cache and data of the app. Clearing the cache and data will remove any temporary files or data that may be causing issues with the app.
To clear the cache and data on Android:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Snapchat
- Tap on Storage
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data
To clear the cache and data on iOS:
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage
- Find Snapchat and tap on it
- Tap on Offload App or Delete App (Note: Offloading the app will keep all of your data, while deleting the app will remove all of your data)
4. Restart Your Phone
If none of the above steps fix the issue, try restarting your phone. Restarting your phone can sometimes resolve issues with apps not working correctly.
To restart your phone:
- Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears
- Slide the power off slider to turn off your phone
- Wait a few seconds, then hold down the power button again to turn your phone back on
5. Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat
If none of the above steps fix the issue, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Snapchat. This will remove any corrupted files or data that may be causing issues with the app.
To uninstall and reinstall Snapchat:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Snapchat
- Tap on Uninstall
- Go to the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and search for Snapchat
- Download and install Snapchat again
Solutions To Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working
First, let’s take a look at the reasons why Snapchat camera may not be working:
Permissions Issue: One of the most common reasons why the Snapchat camera may not be working is due to permissions issues. If you have not granted Snapchat permission to access your device’s camera, then you will not be able to use the camera within the app.
Software Glitches: Another reason why the Snapchat camera may not be working is due to software glitches. Sometimes, updates or changes to the Snapchat app can cause bugs or glitches that affect the camera functionality.
Hardware Problems: In some cases, the issue with the Snapchat camera not working may be due to hardware problems with your device’s camera. If your device’s camera is damaged or malfunctioning, then it may not work properly within the Snapchat app.
So, To Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working, follow the steps below:
1) Check Permissions: The first step in fixing the Snapchat camera not working issue is to check your device’s permissions settings for the app. Go to your device’s settings menu and look for the apps section. Find Snapchat in the list of apps and make sure that it has permission to access your device’s camera.
2) Restart The App: If you have checked permissions and are still experiencing issues with the Snapchat camera, try restarting the app. Close out of the app completely and then reopen it to see if this resolves the issue.
3) Clear Cache: Clearing your device’s cache can sometimes help resolve issues with apps like Snapchat. Go to your device’s settings menu and find the apps section. Find Snapchat in the list of apps and select it. Then, select the option to clear cache.
4) Update The App: If you are experiencing issues with the Snapchat camera after a recent update, try updating the app to the latest version. Sometimes, updates can fix bugs or glitches that affect app functionality.
5) Restart Your Device: If none of the above solutions work, try restarting your device. Sometimes, simply restarting your device can help resolve issues with apps like Snapchat.
- How to Block Phone Numbers & Text Message?
- How To Find Back Deleted Text Messages on Android?
- How To Download/Install/Update the Google Play Store on Android?
- How to detect hidden cameras using mobile phones without detector APP
- How to turn off Google Assistant on My Phone?
- How to fix When My Phone/iPhone is not charging?
- How to boot your phone without using power button when it powers off?
- How to record phone conversation on Android?
- How to Convert Cable TV to Wireless
- How to enter recovery mode on Android using pc?
- How to Convert Wired Projectors to Wireless?
- How to clean iPhone? Charging port & speakers & screen & microphone cleaning