- Your location:
- Tech News ›
- Current page
On iPhone, SOS refers to a feature that allows you to quickly and easily call emergency services. To use SOS, press and hold the side button and either the volume up or volume down button until the Emergency SOS slider appears. Drag the slider to call emergency services. If you continue to hold down the buttons, instead of dragging the slider, a countdown begins and an alert sounds. If you hold down the buttons until the countdown ends, your iPhone automatically calls emergency services.
SOS is a great way to get help in an emergency. It’s also a good way to let people know that you’re in trouble, even if you can’t speak. For example, if you’re being attacked, you can use SOS to call for help without having to speak.
SOS is available on all iPhone models running iOS 11 or later.
How to use SOS on iPhone
To use SOS on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the side button and either volume button until the Emergency SOS slider appears.
- Drag the slider to call emergency services.
- If you continue to hold down the buttons, instead of dragging the slider, a countdown begins and an alert sounds. If you hold down the buttons until the countdown ends, your iPhone automatically calls emergency services.
What happens when you use SOS on iPhone
When you use SOS on iPhone, your iPhone does the following:
- Calls emergency services.
- Sends your current location to emergency services.
- Plays a loud sound to alert others.
- Turns on the flashlight.
How to customize SOS on iPhone
You can customize the SOS feature on iPhone to fit your needs. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Emergency SOS.
- Turn on the following options:
- Call with Side Button
- Send SOS Alerts
- Set Up Medical ID
Call with Side Button
When this option is turned on, you can call emergency services by pressing and holding the side button for five seconds.
Send SOS Alerts
When this option is turned on, your iPhone will send your current location to emergency services when you call emergency services using SOS.
Set Up Medical ID
When this option is turned on, you can create a Medical ID card that includes your name, date of birth, blood type, allergies, and other important medical information. Your Medical ID card will be displayed when you call emergency services using SOS.
Tips for using SOS on iPhone
Here are a few tips for using SOS on iPhone:
- Practice using SOS so you know how to do it quickly and easily in an emergency.
- Make sure your Medical ID is up to date.
- If you are in an area with poor cell reception, SOS may not be able to call emergency services.
- If you are in an area with a lot of noise, SOS may not be able to send your current location to emergency services.
The SOS feature on iPhone is a valuable tool that can help you in an emergency. By understanding how to use SOS and customizing it to fit your needs, you can be prepared for anything.
- How to boot your phone without using power button?
- Do Apple AirPods work with Android & How to use?
- How to find my lost AirPods using iPhone?
- What size is iPhone 11 iPhone 12 iPhone 13 Pro wallpaper?
- How to clean iPhone? Charging port & speakers
- How to Block Websites on Chrome App in Your iPhone
- What are the differences between iPhone 14 and 14 Pro
- Is iPhone 14 Pro worth to buy?
- How to fix When My iPhone is not Charging?
- Is APPLE iPhone XR Waterproof?
- How to Remove a Device From Your Apple ID
- How to Erase your iPhone Without an Apple ID Password
- How to Organize Apps and Folders on the iPhone
- New Apple iPhone 15 Pro Renders Leaked
- Early CAD renderings of iPhone 16 Pro Max released, screen raised to 6.9-inch