- Your location:
- Phones ›
- Current page
Yes, the iPhone 12 does support WiFi 6. WiFi 6, also known as 802.11ax, is the latest generation of wireless technology that offers faster speeds, improved performance in crowded areas, and better power efficiency compared to its predecessor, WiFi 5 (802.11ac).
WiFi 6 brings several advancements over previous WiFi standards. For example, it introduces Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA), which allows multiple devices to transmit data simultaneously, increasing network capacity and reducing latency. This is particularly beneficial in environments with a high number of connected devices, such as homes or offices.
To take advantage of WiFi 6 capabilities, both the router and the device need to support this standard. The iPhone 12 series, including the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max, all come with built-in support for WiFi 6. This means that users with a WiFi 6 router can experience faster speeds and better performance when connected to compatible networks.
It is worth noting that while the iPhone 12 supports WiFi 6, it is backward compatible with older WiFi standards. This means that even if you are using a WiFi network that doesn’t support WiFi 6, your iPhone 12 will still be able to connect and function using older standards like WiFi 5 or even WiFi 4.
- Does iPhone 13 support WiFi 6?
- What is iPhone wallpaper size? (iPhone 14/13/12/11/XR/X)
- The 18 useful apps that every iPhone user should have
- When is iPhone 15 coming out?
- What is security response on iPhone?
- What does SOS actually mean on iPhone?
- Ultimate guide of iPhone 14 Series battery life
- The top 5 most downloaded iPhone games in 2023