- Your location:
- Phones ›
- Current page
Yes, you can use an iPhone to charge another phone, but it requires a specific cable and adapter, and a reverse charging supported iPhone. The iPhone itself has a built-in battery that can be used to charge other devices, such as another smartphone or a tablet, through a process called “reverse charging” or “reverse power sharing.”
To charge other phones using an iPhone, you will need a Lightning to USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter. This adapter allows you to connect your iPhone to another device using a USB cable. Once connected, you can transfer power from your iPhone’s battery to the other device.
Here are the steps to charge another phone using an iPhone:
1. Obtain a Lightning to USB OTG adapter: This adapter can be purchased from various online retailers or Apple stores. Make sure to get a genuine adapter to ensure compatibility and safety.
2. Connect the Lightning end of the adapter to your iPhone: Plug the Lightning connector into the charging port of your iPhone.
3. Connect the USB end of the adapter to the other phone: Use a standard USB cable to connect the USB end of the adapter to the charging port of the other phone.
4. Enable reverse charging on your iPhone: Once both devices are connected, go to your iPhone’s Settings app and navigate to the Battery section. Look for an option called “Reverse Charging” or “Power Sharing.” Enable this option to allow power transfer from your iPhone’s battery.
5. Monitor the charging process: You should see the battery icon on the other phone indicating that it is being charged. Keep in mind that charging another phone using your iPhone will drain its battery faster than usual.
It is important to note that not all iPhones support reverse charging. Only certain models of iPhones have this capability, such as iPhone 12 series (iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max). Older iPhone models, such as the iPhone SE (2nd generation) or earlier, do not support reverse charging.
Additionally, the amount of power transferred from your iPhone to the other phone may vary depending on factors like battery capacity and charging speed. Reverse charging is typically slower compared to using a dedicated charger.
- What is iPhone wallpaper size?
- Can I use 33w charger for 25w phone?
- Can I use 45w charger for 25w phone?
- Can I use 25w charger for 15w phone?
- Can I use 33W charger for 18W phone?
- Can we use 18W charger for 33W phone?
- Can I use my phone/iPhone while charging?
- Can you use a laptop charger to charge your phone?
- Can I make video chat from Android to iPhone?
- How to scan documents with iPhone?
- How to scan QR codes with your iPhone?
- What’s wrong with iPhone unable to check for updates?
- Ways to transfer photos from your iPhone to laptop
- The 18 useful apps that every iPhone user should have