- Your location:
- Rugged Android ›
- Current page
Recent years have witnessed remarkable sales increase in the rugged smartphone market as there has been a growing number of people who live with demanding jobs or challenging lifestyles that expose them to constant hazards.
But what is a rugged phone? As per Wikipedia, “A rugged smartphone is a specific type of toughened smartphone which is designed to be completely sealed within a durable housing to protect it against damage from, among other things, water, shock, dust, and vibration.” That indicates a rugged phone should be sturdy and solid enough to survive most accidental breakage.
Also, nine times out of ten a rugged phone should satisfy the water-proof and dust-proof standard of IP68 as well as the drop-proof standard of MIL-STD-810G and many would come with a screen made of Gorilla Glass. And Blackview BV smartphone, as the noted rugged phone maker, of course not only makes the grade.
Blackview rugged phone is the best-in-class rugged phones that flaunts proofness in water or drops since all of its phones includes thermal imgaging smartphones have achieved IP68 and IP69 standard and the well-known MIL-STD-810G tests.
- Read also, Thermal camera rugged phones Ulefone Armor 9 vs Blackview BV9900 Pro: Which is better?
What Is IP68 and IP69K?
But what are those terminologies like IP68 which are often seen in rugged phone specifications? To grasp them, one should first know about several definitions.
Firstly, there is the IP rating. It is a global standard that categorizes and ranks the degree of protection that electrical casings offer against the invasion of water and dust so as to keep users clearly informed of what performance they should anticipate from an electrical device rather than vague marketing terms.
As you can see in many smartphone specifications, there are often two digits coming after the two letter “IP”, such as IP68. The first digit represents how capable the phone is in protection against ingress from solid particles and level six 6 means “Dust tight. No Ingress of dust.” While the second digit shows the phone is protected against water submersion (under conditions specified by the manufacturer).
As regards the IP rating, all BV series ruggedized smartphones measure up to IP68. But what makes those phones stand out? The answer lies in the material with which those phones are made. For instance, the BV 5100 features an upgraded bonding method for integral reinforcement and protection.
Moreover, it is plated with a superb TPU for strong wear resistance and anti-drop capabilities. What’s more, most BV phones are packed with thickened corners offering better water-resistance effect.
In addition, to make its BV phones better water-resistant, Blackview designed those phones with closed and airtight cavity for outstanding waterproofness. If you dig further, you would be surprised by how much effort Blackview put in the water-resistance of its BV series rugged phones. You can buy these IP68 waterproof phones on their official store.
- Read also, here is the Latest Blackview Phones List of 2021 and another useful guide of — is Blackview phone any good — for checking out,
Some Dos and Don’ts about BV Phones’ Water-Proofness?
And In the case of BV phones, they are only water-proof under the following conditions.
1) Do not drop your BV phone into water with a depth more than 1.5 meters and immerse it for over 30 minutes.
2) Before you drop your BV phone into water, make sure that you have plugged all the holes on the phones.
3) Do not squeeze the phone in the water.
4) Never submerge the phone into seawater.
After taking the BV smartphone out of water, remember to wipe away the water on the phone with a dry cloth as soon as possible and then dry the water on the speaker by first waving the phone in the air and then using a hairdryer for a short time. Keep in mind that you should wait for the phone to be completely dry before you charge it up. For a full IP rating guide, you are suggested the following form.
First number – Protection against solids
- 0 – No protection.
- 1 – Protected against solid objects greater than 50 mm.
- 2 – Protected against solid objects greater than 12 mm diameter.
- 3 – Protected against solid objects greater than 2.5mm diameter.
- 4 – Protected against solid objects greater than 1.0mm diameter.
- 5 – Dust protected.
- 6 – Dust tight. No Ingress of dust.
Second number – Protection against liquids
- 0 – No protection.
- 1 – Protected against vertically dripping water.
- 2 – Protected against dripping water when tilted up to 15°.
- 3 – Protected against spraying water at an angle of up to 60° from vertical.
- 4 – Protected against splashing water when the enclosure is tilted at any angle up to 15°.
- 5 – Protected against water jets from any direction.
- 6 – Protected against heavy seas or powerful jets of water.
- 7 – Protected against the effects of short term immersion (under defined conditions of pressure and time).
- 8 – Protected against submersion (under conditions specified by the manufacturer).
- 9k – Protected against close-range high pressure, high temperature spray downs.
With such a degree of water-proofness, what can you do with BV phones? If you are a shutterbug, you can take impressive and stunning photos underwater. For instance, no matter whether you are having fun in a water theme park or seeking joy in a Water-Sprinkling festival with your friends, you can take a BV phone with you to capture your every intimate journey with water without the worries of harm to your phones.
What Is MIL-STD-810 and Gorilla Glass?
MIL-STD-810 is one of the most important parameters of the rugged phone, and Gorilla Glass is used for protecting the device’s screen. More details about MIL-STD-810 and Gorilla Glass, here is the posts of “What is MIL-STD-810?” and “What is Gorilla Glass?“.
Some Dos and Don’ts about BV Phones’ Drop-Proofness?
BV smartphones are only drop-proof with the following prerequisites.
1) Do not drop your phone from high places that are over 1 meters above the ground.
2) Never drop your phone onto rugged ground because the protruding part may cause the screen to crack.
3) If you want to perform a drop test on the phone, you are advised to do it above the even marble floor.
That’s pretty much what you should know about the toughness of the BV series ruggedized phone. But be aware that the BV rugged phone is more than just that because if you dig deep, you would notice that BV phones nailed its performance test both in hardware and software sides.
Having BV phones as your most loyal companion, you can take breathtaking photographs to commemorate your steps to an unexplored mountain or island. Bring BV phones with you along your heart-beating cycling trip with your adorable friends and seize every moment you spend with each other by taking pictures of your exciting seconds.
Now you are all filled in on things you should be aware of about Blackview rugged smartphones, so you can surely understand better how to use a BV phone properly. For more outstanding features about the Blackview series ruggedized phones, please visit Blackview official site.