- Your location:
- Tech News ›
- Current page
Samsung has filed a patent for a tri-fold folding phone, according to a report by Patently Apple. The patent shows a device that uses two hinges to fold the phone and its large OLED screen into three folds.
The patent images show a phone that is about the size of a standard smartphone when it is closed. However, when the phone is opened, it unfolds into a tablet-sized device with three separate screens. The middle screen is the largest, while the two outer screens are smaller.
The patent does not reveal any details about the phone’s specifications, such as its processor, camera, or battery life. However, it is clear that Samsung is exploring the possibility of creating a folding phone with even more screen real estate than its current Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Z Flip devices.
It is unclear when Samsung might release a tri-fold folding phone, if ever. However, the company has been a leader in the foldable phone market, and it is likely that it will continue to innovate in this area.
Here are some of the potential benefits of a tri-fold folding phone:
- More screen real estate: A tri-fold folding phone would offer more screen real estate than a traditional smartphone or tablet. This could be useful for tasks such as watching videos, browsing the web, or working on documents.
- Improved portability: A tri-fold folding phone could be more portable than a traditional tablet. This is because it could be folded up into a smaller size when not in use.
- Increased durability: A tri-fold folding phone could be more durable than a traditional folding phone. This is because it would have fewer moving parts, which could make it less likely to break.
Of course, there are also some potential drawbacks to a tri-fold folding phone:
- Increased cost: A tri-fold folding phone would likely be more expensive than a traditional smartphone or tablet. This is because it would be more complex to manufacture and would require more materials.
- Decreased battery life: A tri-fold folding phone would likely have a shorter battery life than a traditional smartphone or tablet. This is because it would have more screens to power.
- Increased weight: A tri-fold folding phone would likely be heavier than a traditional smartphone or tablet. This is because it would have more materials and components.
Overall, a tri-fold folding phone has the potential to be a very versatile and useful device. However, it is important to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks before deciding whether or not to purchase one.
- Mi 13 Ultra Starry Sky Blue, Cabernet Orange, Ginkgo Yellow Custom Color Phones Unveiled
- New Apple iPhone 15 Pro Renders Leaked, with New Mute Button and Thinner Bezels
- The 6 best AI alternatives to ChatGPT in 2023
- MediaTek Tianji 9200+ Officially Announced on May 10th
- News Broke: Blackview releases high-end wireless earbuds AirBuds 10 Pro
- Blackview rugged tablet might meet you soon
- Blackview BV9300 will be the 2023 best ruggedized smartphone with laser range finder
- Blackview 15000mAh ruggedized smartphone BV9300 coming soon
- Apple iOS 17/iPadOS 17 to Enhance Health App with Mood Tracking and More
- Nokia XR30 Rugged Smartphone Leaked
- Sony new Xperia Product Global Launch Set for May 11
- Apple’s M3 chip delayed, no M3 Macs or iPads this year
- Samsung’s Exynos 2400 May Be More Powerful Than the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW CNBgear!