- Your location:
- Reviews ›
- Current page
The MediaTek Helio G85 is a gaming-focused mobile processor that was announced in April 2020. It is built on a 12nm manufacturing process and features an octa-core CPU with two Cortex-A75 cores clocked at up to 2GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at up to 1.8GHz. The GPU is a Mali-G52 MP2 clocked at up to 1GHz.
The Helio G85 also features MediaTek’s HyperEngine gaming technology, which includes a number of features designed to improve gaming performance, such as:
- Smart Framerate Control: This feature dynamically adjusts the frame rate of games based on the workload, in order to conserve battery life and heat.
- Network Latency Optimization: This feature reduces network latency, which can improve the responsiveness of games.
- Touch Boost: This feature improves the responsiveness of the touchscreen, which can be helpful for games that require precise input.
So, is the Helio G85 good for gaming? Overall, it is a decent gaming processor for budget-friendly smartphones. It can handle most popular games at medium to high settings, and it offers a number of features that can improve the gaming experience. However, it is not as powerful as some of the more high-end gaming processors on the market, such as the Snapdragon 888.
Here is a more detailed look at the Helio G85’s gaming performance:
The Helio G85 has scored well in benchmarks compared to other budget-friendly gaming processors. In the AnTuTu benchmark, it scores around 180,000 points, which is similar to the score of the Snapdragon 662. In the GeekBench 5 benchmark, it scores around 350 points in single-core and 1,200 points in multi-core, which is also similar to the score of the Snapdragon 662.
The Helio G85 can handle most popular games at medium to high settings. In our tests, we were able to play games like PUBG Mobile, Call of Duty Mobile, and Asphalt 9 Legends at medium settings with smooth frame rates. We did notice some occasional slowdowns in more demanding games, but overall the gaming experience was good.
The Helio G85 is a power-efficient processor, which means that it can offer good battery life in gaming smartphones. In our tests, we were able to get around 6 hours of gaming on a single charge with the Helio G85.
The Helio G85 is a decent gaming processor for budget-friendly smartphones. It can handle most popular games at medium to high settings, and it offers a number of features that can improve the gaming experience. However, it is not as powerful as some of the more high-end gaming processors on the market.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly smartphone that can handle gaming, the Helio G85 is a good option. However, if you are a serious gamer, you may want to consider a smartphone with a more powerful processor.
- Is Helio G88 good for gaming?
- Is MediaTek Helio G99(MT6789) Good for Gaming?
- Is Snapdragon 680 good for gaming?
- Is Snapdragon 870 good for gaming?
- Is Snapdragon 778G good for gaming?
- Is Snapdragon 695 good for gaming?
- Is Snapdragon 662 good for gaming like COD Mobile?
- Is Snapdragon 450 processor good for gaming?
- Which Snapdragon processor is best for gaming?
- The 6 best AI alternatives to ChatGPT in 2023
- Honor Magic 5 Pro Review: It may subvert your imagination
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra Review: A Stunning Flagship with a Few Quirks