- Your location:
- Tech News ›
- Current page
Thermal imaging, also known as thermography, is a non-invasive medical imaging technique that uses infrared radiation to detect heat patterns on the skin. This technique is often used to detect breast cancer, as cancerous tissue typically produces more heat than healthy tissue.
To perform a thermal imaging exam, the patient is asked to undress from the waist up and stand in front of a thermal imaging camera. The camera takes a series of images of the breasts, which are then displayed on a computer screen. The doctor can then look for any areas of the breast that are warmer than the surrounding tissue. These areas may indicate the presence of a breast lesion.
Thermal imaging is not a diagnostic test, but it can be used to identify areas of the breast that may need further testing, such as a mammogram or biopsy. Thermal imaging is a safe and painless procedure that can be used as a screening tool for breast cancer.
Here are some of the advantages of using thermal imaging to detect breast lesions:
- It is a non-invasive procedure.
- It is painless.
- It is safe.
- It can be used as a screening tool for breast cancer.
- It can be used to detect breast lesions at an early stage.
Here are some of the disadvantages of using thermal imaging to detect breast lesions:
- It is not a diagnostic test.
- It can be affected by other factors, such as the patient’s menstrual cycle.
- It is not as accurate as other imaging techniques, such as mammography.
Overall, thermal imaging is a valuable tool for detecting breast lesions. It is a non-invasive, painless, and safe procedure that can be used as a screening tool for breast cancer. However, it is important to note that thermal imaging is not a diagnostic test and should not be used in place of other imaging techniques, such as mammography.
- Can thermal imaging detect drugs?
- How is thermal imaging used in animal protection?
- Can thermal cameras detect ghosts?
- Can the police use thermal camera without warrant?
- Can a thermal camera see through clothes or walls?
- Thermal imaging used in agriculture
- FLIR Thermal Camera Rugged Phone list
- Difference: Infrared camera vs thermal camera
- Can I use a thermal camera to detect hidden cameras?
- How does a thermal imaging camera work?
- Can thermal cameras judge people’s emotional changes?
- How to judge people’s emotional changes through thermal imaging?