- Your location:
- How To Guides ›
- Current page
As mobile devices have become an integral part of our daily lives, we often find ourselves bombarded with ads on our Android phones and iPhones. These ads can be intrusive and annoying, especially when they pop up at inconvenient times. Fortunately, there are several ways to stop ads on your Android phone and iPhone:
1. Install a third-party Ad-Blocker App: One of the easiest ways to stop ads on your mobile device is by installing an ad-blocker app. These apps work by blocking ads from appearing on your screen, whether it be in apps or on web pages. Some popular ad-blocker apps for Android include AdGuard, Blokada, and Adblock Plus. On the iPhone, you can use Safari’s built-in ad-blocker or install a third-party ad-blocker app such as AdGuard or 1Blocker.
2. Disable Personalized Ads: Another way to reduce the number of ads you see on your Android phone or iPhone is by disabling personalized ads. Personalized ads are tailored to your interests based on your browsing history and other personal data. To disable personalized ads on an Android phone, go to Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of Ads Personalization. On an iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking.
3. Reset Advertising ID: Resetting your advertising ID can also help reduce the number of ads you see on your Android phone or iPhone. Advertising IDs are unique identifiers that allow advertisers to track your activity across different apps and websites. By resetting your advertising ID, you essentially start fresh and advertisers will no longer have access to your previous data. To reset your advertising ID on an Android phone, go to Settings > Google > Ads > Reset advertising ID. On an iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Reset Advertising Identifier.
4. Use a VPN. A VPN can also help to block ads by routing your traffic through a server that is not located in your country. This can be a good way to get around regional restrictions on certain websites or apps.
5. Use a private DNS server. A private DNS server can also help to block ads. To use a private DNS server, you will need to configure your device to use the server’s IP address. Some popular private DNS servers include Cloudflare’s 220.127.116.11 and Google’s 18.104.22.168.
6. Install a custom ROM. A custom ROM is a modified version of the operating system that is installed on your device. Many custom ROMs come with built-in ad blockers.
7. Root your device. Rooting your device gives you root access, which allows you to make changes to the system that are not possible without root. One of the things you can do with root access is install a system-wide ad blocker.
It’s important to note that while these methods can help reduce the number of ads you see on your mobile device, they may not completely eliminate them. Some ads are built into apps and cannot be blocked by ad-blocker apps. And, some of these methods may not work on all devices. Additionally, some websites may require you to disable your ad-blocker in order to access their content, and some ad blockers may interfere with the functionality of some apps. If you experience any problems, you can try disabling the ad blocker or uninstalling the app.
In conclusion, if you’re tired of being bombarded with ads on your Android phone or iPhone, there are several ways to stop them. Installing an ad-blocker app, disabling personalized ads, and resetting your advertising ID are all effective methods for reducing the number of ads you see on your mobile device.
- How to fix your Apple Watch won’t charge?
- YouTube Not Working On My Phone/Tablet, How To Fix It?
- Snapchat Not Working On My Phone/iPhone, How To Fix It?
- How to find hidden cameras use mobile phones
- How To Find Back Deleted Text Messages on Android?
- How to clean iPhone? Charging port & speakers & screen & microphone cleaning
- How to Block Phone Numbers & Text Message?
- How to record phone conversation on Android?