- Your location:
- How To Guides ›
- Current page
The Gmail app is a popular email client used by millions of people around the world. However, it can sometimes malfunction and stop working properly. This can be frustrating, especially if you need to access your email urgently. This can be due to a number of factors, such as a software bug, a problem with your internet connection, or a problem with your device.
In this guide, we will walk you through some steps that you can take to fix the Gmail app not working on Android:
- Update the Gmail app.
- Restart your device.
- Check your internet connection.
- Check your settings.
- Clear the Gmail app’s data and cache.
- Force stop the Gmail app.
- Check your password.
- Reinstall the Gmail app.
Step 1: Update the Gmail app
The first thing you should do is update the Gmail app to the latest version. Google regularly releases updates for the Gmail app that fix bugs and improve performance. To update the Gmail app, open the Google Play Store and search for “Gmail”. Tap on the “Update” button if an update is available.
Step 2: Restart your device
Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor problems with the Gmail app. To restart your device, press and hold the power button until the power menu appears. Tap on “Restart”.
Step 3: Check your internet connection
Make sure you are connected to the internet and that your internet connection is stable.
Step 4: Check your settings
Make sure that your Gmail settings are correct. To do this, open the Gmail app and tap on the three lines in the top left corner. Tap on “Settings”. Make sure that the following settings are correct:
- Account: The account that is not working properly should be selected.
- Sync: Make sure that the “Sync Gmail” option is turned on.
- Data usage: Make sure that the “Use less data” option is turned off.
Step 5: Clear the Gmail app’s data and cache
If the above steps do not work, you can try clearing the storage for the Gmail app. This will delete all of the app’s data, including your emails, settings, and cache. To clear the storage, open the Settings app and go to Apps & notifications > Gmail > Storage & cache. Tap on “Clear storage” and then tap on “OK” to confirm.
Step 6: Force stop the Gmail app
This will close the app completely and can sometimes fix problems.
Step 7: Check your password
Make sure that your Gmail password is correct. To do this, open the Gmail website and sign in. If you are unable to sign in, your password may be incorrect.
Step 8: Reinstall the Gmail app
This is a last resort, but it can sometimes fix problems that other methods cannot.
If you have tried all of these steps and the Gmail app is still not working, you can contact Google Support for help.
Here are some additional tips that may help you fix the Gmail app not working:
- Make sure you have enough storage space on your device. The Gmail app needs some free space to function properly.
- Check your device’s battery settings. Make sure the Gmail app is not set to restrict battery usage.
- Make sure you have enabled syncing for your Gmail account. You can do this in the Settings app.
- How to fix iPad Pro/iPad Air/iPad Mini that is frozen?
- My Android tablet is frozen, how to fix?
- How to boot your phone without power button when it powers off?
- How to clear cookies on android device?
- How to change wallpaper on Android?
- How to fix issues of WhatsApp not working on Android?
- Why does Chrome keep crashing Android? How to Fix?
- Starbucks app not working, how to fix?
- YouTube Not Working On My Phone, How To Fix It?
- Snapchat Not Working On My Phone/iPhone, How To Fix It?
- Why your phone won’t connect to wifi? How to fix?
- How to clear cache on Android?
- How to delete cookies on Samsung?
- How to backup on Android?
- How to deactivate Facebook account on iPhone?
- How To set SD Card as Default Storage in your device?
- How to stop ads on Android phone?
- How To Download/Install/Update the Google Play Store on Android?