- Your location:
- How To Guides ›
- Current page
When you try to install an app from the Google Play Store, you may get an error message that says “Your device isn’t compatible with this version.” This can happen for a few reasons, such as:
- Your device is running an older version of Android that is not supported by the app.
- Your device doesn’t have the necessary hardware requirements for the app.
- The app has not been optimized for your device’s screen size or resolution.
If you get this error message, there are a few things you can try to fix it:
Step 1: Check your Android version
The first thing you should do is check your Android version. To do this, open the Settings app and go to About Phone. The Android version number will be listed under “Version.”
If your Android version is older than the minimum version required for the app, you will need to update your operating system. You can usually do this by going to Settings > System > Advanced > System update.
Step 2: Clear the Google Play Store cache and data
If your Android version is up to date, the next thing you can try is clearing the Google Play Store cache and data. This will reset the app and may fix the compatibility issue.
To do this, open the Settings app and go to Apps & notifications. Scroll down and tap Google Play Store. Then, tap Storage & cache and tap Clear cache and Clear data.
Step 3: Uninstall Google Play Store updates
If clearing the cache and data doesn’t work, you can try uninstalling Google Play Store updates. This will revert the app to its factory version, which may be compatible with your device.
To do this, open the Settings app and go to Apps & notifications. Scroll down and tap Google Play Store. Then, tap Three dots in the top right corner and select Uninstall updates.
Step 4: Sideload the app
If you’ve tried all of the above steps and you’re still getting the error message, you can try sideloading the app. This means installing the app from a source other than the Google Play Store.
To sideload an app, you will need to enable “Unknown sources” in your device’s settings. Once you’ve done that, you can download the app’s APK file from a trusted website and install it manually.
In most cases, following the steps above will fix the “app not compatible with this device” error. If you’ve tried everything and you’re still having problems, you may need to contact the app developer for support.
- How to fix your phone won’t connect to wifi?
- How to fix Starbucks app not working?
- How to fix Chrome keep crashing Android?
- How to fix error of WhatsApp not working on Android
- How To Make SD Card as Default Storage in your device?
- How to clear cookies on your android device?
- How to know if your Bluetooth device is hacked?
- How to change wallpaper on Android?
- How to scan QR codes with your iPhone?
- How to scan documents with iPhone?