- Your location:
- How To Guides ›
- Current page
Why your phone gets hot?
There are a few reasons why your cellphone might overheat. Some common causes include:
- Using your phone in direct sunlight. The sun’s heat can quickly cause your phone to overheat.
- Using your phone for long periods of time. Playing games, streaming videos, and using other demanding apps can cause your phone to overheat.
- Charging your phone in a hot environment. Charging your phone in a hot car or other warm environment can also cause it to overheat.
- Using a faulty charger. Using a charger that is not compatible with your phone or that is not in good condition can also cause it to overheat.
- Damaged or malfunctioning components. If any of the components inside your phone are damaged or malfunctioning, it can cause your phone to overheat.
- Overclocking. Overclocking is when you force your phone’s processor to run at a higher speed than it is designed to run. This can cause your phone to overheat.
- Software bugs. In rare cases, software bugs can cause your phone to overheat.
How to Cool Down Your Overheating Cellphone
If your cellphone is overheating, there are a few things you can do to cool it down:
- Remove your phone from the case. If you are using a case, remove it to allow your phone to dissipate heat more easily.
- Put your phone in a cool place. Move your phone to a cool, well-ventilated location.
- Turn off your phone. Turning off your phone will stop all of the processes that are running and help it to cool down faster.
- Close unused apps. Closing unused apps will free up resources and help your phone to cool down.
- Restart your phone. If your phone is still overheating after you have tried the other steps, you can try restarting it.
- Let it cool down naturally. If your phone is still overheating after you have tried all of the above steps, you may need to let it cool down naturally. This may take a few minutes or even a few hours.
- Take your phone to a service center. If your phone is still overheating after you have tried all of the above steps for a prolonged period of time, you may need to take it to a service center for further diagnosis and repair.
Preventing Phone Overheating
The best way to prevent your cellphone from overheating is to avoid the activities that cause it to overheat in the first place. Here are a few tips to help you prevent your cellphone from overheating:
- Avoid using your phone in direct sunlight.
- Take breaks when using your phone for long periods of time.
- Avoid using demanding apps for extended periods of time.
- Charge your phone in a cool environment.
- Use a compatible charger in good condition.
- Keep your phone’s software up to date.
- Use a phone stand or a phone cooler. There are many phone stands and phone coolers available on the market. These devices can help to keep your phone cool by dissipating heat.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your cellphone from overheating and prevent damage to your device.
- If your phone is overheating, avoid using it until it has cooled down. Using your phone while it is overheating can damage the battery and other components.
- Do not put your phone in the freezer or refrigerator. This can cause condensation to form, which can damage your phone.
- If your phone is still overheating after you have tried all of the above steps, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
- How to backup your Android phone?
- Ultimate guide of how to connect your iPhone to Windows 11 PC
- How To Track My Lost Mobile with the IMEI Number
- How to make your phone battery last longer
- How to fix your Apple Watch Series 3 won’t charge?
- How to boot your phone without using power button
- How to fix My Phone/iPhone not Charging?
- YouTube Not Working On My Phone/Tablet, How To Fix It?
- Snapchat Not Working On My Phone/iPhone, How To Fix It?